A while ago, I did a tutorial for a very basic diamond painting. I also wanted to make a diamond painting that was a little more complicated and wasn't as basic. So in today's tutorial, I'll be showing you how I made a galaxy diamond painting that was still fairly easy to create with few materials.
- White canvas/ surface to paint on
- Navy blue acrylic paint (or blue and black)
- Dark purple acrylic paint (or purple and black)
- White acrylic paint
- Sponge brushes
- Thin paint brush
- Gold paint Sharpie
1.To start off, I sketched out the diamond shape on my canvas. I started with a box that marked where the corners and edges of my diamond would hit. Then, I used my ruler to make sure all sides of my diamond were equal and mark out the shape. Last, I drew the lines shown below inside of the diamond making sure that the lines went past the box as a guide for later.
2. Next, I added tape around the diamond shape
3. Before I started painting, I mixed white with the purple and blue to create lighter shades. I began the painting by sponging dark blue and dark purple in random places until the whole diamond was covered. While the paint was still a little wet, I sponged on the lighter shades in a few places. After the first layer of paint dried, I repeated the same steps a second time.
4. For the stars, I dipped my thin paintbrush in white paint and lightly tapped it over the painting to get random white splatters. After this, I painted some cross shapes in random places for bigger stars and removed the tape.
5. The last step was to use the gold Sharpie to outline the diamond shape. After I completed the outline, I used my ruler to draw the lines from my sketch with the gold Sharpie. It's easiest to start with the straight horizontal line in the diamond, and use the lines outside the box from the sketch and a ruler as a guide. Lastly, I erased the pencil lines, and I painted the space around the diamond white to make it look cleaner.