As someone who always loves having their nails done, I love finding super cute nail designs that aren't too time consuming. I found an old picture of my nails from when I first tried this design a few years ago, and I thought it was the perfect classy and minimal nail design that looks amazing on short nails. The design is only black and white, so it's great if you don't like wearing a lot of color on your nails. I also think it looks best on short to medium length squared nails which makes it perfect for natural nails or if you prefer to keep your nails short. Keep reading to find out how to create this simple design yourself!
What you need:
- Base/ top coat
- White nail polish
- Black nail polish
- Matte top coat
- Black and white striping polish (or a long thin brush)
- Tiny black rhinestones
- Apply a base coat
- Apply black polish to your ring finger and thumb and white polish to your index, middle, and pinky
- Using your striping polish, paint a vertical black line near the side of the white nails. On my right hand, I painted the lines on the right side of the nail, and I did the opposite on my left hand.
- Use the same brush to paint a horizontal line near the cuticle on the nails
- On your thumb, use your striping polish to paint a vertical white line on the side of your nail.
- Use the same brush to paint a horizontal line near the cuticle of your thumb
- Apply a glossy top coat to all your nails to create a smooth base for your matte top coat
- Apply a matte top coat to all your nails once the glossy one dries
- Apply black rhinestones in the exact same way you painted the lines on your ring finger, and you're done!